Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Star Wars Groups Boost Wizard World Chicago Comic Con For Fans!
|GET CHICAGO COMIC CON TICKETS NOW!|
GET CHICAGO COMIC CON VIP TICKETS NOW!
|Role Playing, Podcaster, Sci Fi, Superhero, Re-Creation Organizations Enhance Experience!|
|Star Trek, Ghostbusters, Star Wars Groups Boost Wizard World Chicago Comic Con For Fans|
Role Playing, Podcaster, Sci Fi, Superhero, Re-Creation Organizations Enhance Experience At Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, August 9-12
Bringing their favorite cult movies and TV shows, comics, charities and other interests to life, fan groups will again be on hand at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con. Organizations supporting Star Wars, Ghostbusters, “Star Trek,” and Jurassic Park are among those who will roam the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center floor, August 9-12, many in elaborate costumes – and all making the day just a little more fun for attendees.
Fan groups scheduled to attend Wizard World Chicago Comic Con include:
• 501st Midwest Garrison, the Illinois chapter of The 501st Legion, a Star Wars Imperial costuming club. The 501st is dedicated to the movie-quality costumes of the “villains” of the Star Wars universe.
• Comics4kids, literacy champions who collect, receive, purchase, and inherit comic books and then give them away to children for free in hopes of improving literacy and encouraging imagination, as well as promoting the comic book collecting medium as a hobby.
• Cosplay Chicago, giving, a place to meet, talk and share everything and anything in the world of cosplay. It is set up for all of those that share the addiction of cosplay.
• D20 Girls, who try to promote a very positive image of female gamers. They break down stereotypes, aren’t barbie dolls, don’t come in one size, and don’t come in one shape... They are Gamers, and, yes, Girls Game Too!
• DVM Podcast Empire, which presents some of the funniest and most entertaining fan podcasts about TV favorites from epic sci-fi like “Doctor Who,” “Torchwood” and “The Event” to high concept drama like “Lost,” “FlashForward” and “Person Of Interest.”
• Ghostbusters: Chicago Division, the Chicago “franchise office” in support of the popular cult movie favorite, hoping to keep the Windy City clean for years to come.
• Gothams Finest, a group of like-minded individuals who enjoy costuming as members of the DC universe. Everyone had the action figure, watched the movie, and read the comics. No one has ever owned costumes like these.
• Heroes Fallen Studios, a non-profit 501c-3 veteran based organization that supports our troops by telling their real-life stories based on their service in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• Jurassic Park Legacy, the prime information source of Jurassic Park Universe knowledge, with its ever-popular, and all-inclusive “Jurassic Park Encyclopedia,” sprouting many of the efforts put forth into “costuming” research and the like for the community.
• Mario Godiva Fitness, a fitness expert, celebrity trainer, and master trainer/international presenter for Kangoo Jumps who started in the fitness industry at 18 and has over 12 years of experience. He teaches group fitness classes, privately trains, travels and teaches master classes and holds trainings.
• Musical of the Living Dead, an original musical parody of classic zombie films and musical theatre. Featuring music inspired by everything from Gershwin to Green Day, the show follows the lives of 10 very different people trapped in a farmhouse seeking refuge from the horde of brain-eating (and dancing) zombies outside.
• The Nerdologues, a sketch comedy show created by a group of comedians that have trained and performed at iO and Second City. The Nerdologues explores nerd and pop culture through hilarious sketches, and allows the performers an outlet for soul touching monologues about growing up nerdy.
• Sugar Gamers, a female-oriented organization local to Chicago with a focus on bringing women together who enjoy video gaming, also welcoming comic book fans, cosplayersand others. The Sugar Gamer community hosts one of a kind events geared towards the interests of its members, and makes a point to be present for all the Chicago cons.
• USS Chicago, a chapter of STARFLEET, The International Star Trek Fan Association, Inc. and is based in Homewood, Ill., a south suburb of Chicago. The USS Chicago also enjoys a charter with The Empire, a Klingon themed club where members can explore Klingon fandom and culture.
• WGTR “World Grand Theft Radio,” a multi media company with its own radio station “now nine years strong” and TV station, comic/graphic arts studio and live broadcasting from events all over the USA. With over 30 original shows a week live, “our mission to make your on air dreams come true!”
William Shatner, Stan Lee, Scott Bakula, Tom Felton, Jon Bernthal, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and WWE® Superstars CM Punk® and John Cena®, notable artists Carlos Pacheco, George Pérez, Greg Capullo and dozens of others will attend Wizard World Chicago Comic Con.
|Join tens of thousands of fans as they converge at the Donald E. Stephen Convention Center (Rosemont) at Chicago Comic Con Wizard World Convention to celebrate the best in pop culture. Chicago Comic Con brings it all - Movies, Comics, Toys, Video Gaming, Games, TV, Graphic Novels, Horror, Wrestling, MMA, Original Art, Collectibles, Anime, Manga & More! Chicago Comic Con is brought to you by the group who produces the most widely attended Comic Con tour! |
For more Chicago Comic Con guest and programming updates, become a fan of CHICAGO COMIC CON on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter by CLICKING HERE!
Save up to 15 percent off the price of tickets by ordering your tickets in advance. Tickets are more at the door.
GET CHICAGO COMIC CON TICKETS NOW!
GET CHICAGO COMIC CON VIP TICKETS NOW!