The Greater New Orleans Krewe of the Living Dead
|Founded by Richard Riggs and Robert Stonicher in November of 2011, The Krewe of the Living Dead (KOLD) seeks to fill a lack of representation in zombie fandom/subculture in Southeast Louisiana and specifically the Greater New Orleans area. The purpose of this group is to glorify all things Zombie and call upon fans of the genre to join us and rejoice in the persistent and exponential rise in popularity of the Living-Dead in pop culture that has now grown into an international phenomena.|
Future Krewe of the Living Dead group activities will include but are not limited to:
* Coordinated zombie walks
* Zombie make-up workshops
* Event appearances (Conventions, Festivals, Haunted Houses, Film Premiers)
* Host fund-raising events for local charities
* Coordinate events with other horror/sci-fi fan groups
* Build relationships with existing Carnival Krewes with the goal to establish a presence on parade routes during the Mardi Gras and Halloween seasons
* After reaching certain membership benchmarks, establish a walking club, zombie marching band, dance group etc... a real DIY "Krewe" with signature throws and "floats"
*and much more!!!...
In addition to representing zombie subculture on a localized level, we will utilize our appearance at the 2012 Wizard World New Orleans Comic Convention as the official launch of what we hope will capture the attention of zombie fans on a national level, the introduction of “The Undead Legions of North America.” First and foremost, the goal of the ULNA will be to network with emerging and established zombie groups across North America in order to establish a nationwide venue to facilitate coordinated events (zombie walks, charity drives) between city/regional chapters, referred to as an “Undead Legion.” Thus, our group has chosen the moniker “Undead Legion 504” (504 being the iconic area code of the greater New Orleans area, a symbol true New Orleanians hold close to their hearts) to distinguish the region we represent.