Sunday Is Kids Day @ Wizard World Austin Comic Con
|Move over, mom and dad! Sunday is Kids Day at Wizard World Austin Comic Con!|
|Sunday Is Kids Day @ Wizard World Austin Comic Con|
Move over, mom and dad! Sunday is Kids Day at Wizard World Austin Comic Con, with an array of programming, kid-friendly celebrities, creators and exhibitors designed especially for children, 10 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. at the Austin Convention Center. From the impossibly cute Kids Costume Contest to an actual petting zoo with live animals, children of all ages will enjoy a variety of activities all day long. Kids 10 and under are free all weekend (two children admitted per paid adult).
As kids arrive on Sunday, they will receive an official “Wizard World Kids Day Passport” and sheet detailing all of the places they can visit to have the passport stamped at Wizard World Kids Day Booth, #2400. Those include artists, writers, fan groups, exhibitors and celebrities.
Kids will also receive two exclusive Austin Comic Con Kids Day Lithographs by visiting the Artist Alley tables of Terry Huddleston (#E39) and Alan Schell (#E30).
Some of the other highlights of the day include:
• Austin Zoo & Animal Sanctuary will host a petting zoo (Kids Day Booth)
• Meet Artist Jessica Grundy and collect her Kids Trading Cards (noon-12:45 p.m., Kids Day Booth)
• Learn To Draw With Artist and Author Of “August Moon,” Donn Paige (1-1:45 p.m., Kids Day Booth)
• Face Painting by Woo Who artist Melissa Morgan. Check out and Like Woo Who’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/woowhoforfun (noon-3:30 p.m., Kids Day Booth)
• Kids Backstage Pass To LAIKA Animation Studio (1:30-2:15 p.m., Ballroom E)
• Kick it at the Green Ranger Power Hour with Frank – a special hour-long karate class (2-3 p.m., Ballroom G)
• Kids Costume Contest (2:30-3:15 p.m., Room 14), hosted by Wizard World’s own superhero, “The Defuser” Jarrett Crippen