2012 OHIO COMIC CON ART CONTEST • OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
| 2012 OHIO COMIC CON ART CONTEST • OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM|
|Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Art Contest Official Rules |
Note: Submissions shall be treated as being free of restrictions and limitations on their use, reproduction, and publication. All submissions become the property of Wizard World, Inc. By entering this art competition, the artist is granting Wizard World, Inc. a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of the artwork (on site at Ohio Comic Con, on WizardWorld.com, in newsletters and other media, with credit and links to the artist).
• Amateur artists who have not earned payment for submitted artwork by a studio, licensing company, comic or other professional entity are eligible. Students enrolled full time in high schools, colleges, community colleges, universities, trade schools, or professional schools (Design, Architecture, etc.) are also eligible to enter.
• Team entries are accepted, but team size limited to four (4) creators. Teams may be from different schools or different classrooms within a school. Team entries require entry form from each team member.
• Entries must be submitted in full via email to Contest@WizardWorld.com (subject: Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Art Contest Entry) no later than noon ET on September 17, 2012.
• Artist statement of originality--this is an explanation in 300 words or less describing what inspired the art. (see entry form)
• Release form with complete contact information.
• All art must be the submitter's own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material (If an image infringes upon another's copyright it will be automatically disqualified).
• Art must meet size limitations for on-line submission (max. file size 2 MB), but there is no size limit on the original.
• All entries require a short title for the on-line gallery. Short title is limited to 70 characters for the on-line registration form.
• One entry per person is permitted.
• Acceptance or rejection of any entry is at the sole discretion of Wizard World, Inc.
What kind of art is eligible?
All two and three- dimensional art, regardless of media, will initially be submitted electronically via email at contests@WizardWorld.com (subject: Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Art Contest Entry) as .JPG images (max file size 2 MB). The art should reflect one of the following subjects, consistent with the Wizard World theme: pop culture, science fiction, comics, movies, television, gaming, technology, toys, graphic novels.
All image files for the initial entry should be submitted only in .JPG format and be sized to fit on a 20 inch monitor screen. The file size (in KB or MB) will vary depending on the size of the original artwork and the media in which it was created. For judging the art, images need to fit on a monitor screen so judges can view it as a whole instead of having to look at parts of it because it is so large.
Later, if the art is selected for an award, then the image file should be submitted to the contest administrator at higher resolution so the art can be printed at the size it was created. This will vary, but should be between 150 and 300 dpi and generally be 1 MB or larger in size. When winners are chosen, we’ll need the highest resolution size possible in order to print it for exhibit at Wizard World Ohio Comic Con and on the WizardWorld.com website. The 1st place winner will be responsible for bringing the original art to Wizard World Ohio Comic Con to display at his/her Artist Alley table.
Two Dimensional Art
Art students can submit two-dimensional art in any media they choose. One image of the work will be submitted initially at a maximum file size of 2 MB via email at contests@WizardWorld.com (subject: Wizard World Ohio Comic Con Art Contest Entry). Viewing size of digital image should be no larger than would fit the screen a standard 20-inch monitor.
Three Dimensional Art
Initially, three different images of the artifact can be submitted, each with a minimum of 300 dpi resolution. Viewing size of the digital image should be no larger than would fit the screen on a standard 20 inch monitor.
Awards and Exhibits
The creator of the winning entry will receive a complimentary table in the professional Artist Alley at Wizard World Ohio Comic Con, Sept. 28-30, 2012, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Five (5) finalists will be selected. Each finalist will be provided passes for himself/herself and a guest to attend Wizard World Ohio Comic Con. Selected works, including all finalists and others, will also be displayed on the WizardWorld.com Web site.
The winning submission will be featured in a press release distributed to local and national media declaring the winner.
The entries will be judged by a panel of professional creators, on creativity and innovation, within the following themes, consistent with the Wizard World theme: pop culture, science fiction, comics, movies, television, gaming, technology, toys, graphic novels.
Questions or other information requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-380-2479.
|Join tens of thousands of fellow fans as they converge at the Greater Columbus Convention Center at Ohio Comic Con to celebrate the best in pop culture. Columbus’ Comic Con brings it all - Movies, Comics, Toys, Video Gaming, Games, TV, Graphic Novels, Horror, Wrestling, MMA, Original Art, Collectibles, Anime, Manga, & More! This is Ohio’s longest running and most widely attended Comic Con! Brought to you by the group who produces the most widely attended Comic Con tour!|
For more Ohio Comic Con guest and programming updates, become a fan of OHIO COMIC CON on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter by CLICKING HERE!
Save up to 15 percent off the price of tickets by ordering your tickets in advance. Tickets are more at the door.
GET OHIO COMIC CON TICKETS NOW!
GET OHIO COMIC CON VIP TICKETS NOW!